Tuesday 27 September 2011

THE CHOSEN SONG



I have chosen Soap&Skin - 'Fall Foliage'. This I have chosen due to it not having a video already, which means I have to be influenced by my ideas only. I believe that this is a very strong song due to not so many lyrics, I believe that the instrumental side of it is powerful enough to get any messages across. In the case of instrumental being so powerful, Goodwin's theory number 3 (Relationship between Music and Visuals) is what I will have to focus more into.


Soap&Skin is the experimental musical project of Austrian artist Anja Plaschg.
Anja Plaschg grew upin a small village called Gnas in southeastern Styria where her parents have a farm, she has played the piano since she was six. At 14 age, she began violin studies and developed an interest in electronic music, she attended the Graz Polytechnic for graphic design but dropped out at 16 and moved to Vienna shortly after, where she studied art at the Art Academy Master Class by Daniel Richter, but at 18 dropped out again.

Musicians Xiu Xiu, Nico, Bjork, Cat Power, Aphex Twin and composers such as Sergei Rachmaninoff and Arvo Part has had a profound effect on her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment