Friday 21 October 2011

DIGIPAC DRAFT

As I was happy with my very first draft made I have decided that I am going to stick to this one. I believe that the darkness and the experimental images fit in well with the genre (experimental/electronic)

   


This is the front cover of my Digipac. I have decided that I want to use a dark atmosphered image, to represent the genre. Also, I want it to be of the artist so the audience can recognize the album straight away.
I have gained inspiration from SAGMEISTER, and would like to cut out the face using detail and having the original image behind it. This I could class as experimental as I have not seen any album covers like that.



Inside left (the inside panel of the front panel). I have decided to include an image of the forest from my music video as soon as the viewer opens the digipac due to the front cover being dark and moody. This would give of a different side of the artist. As the front cover had cutouts on it, this leaves the forest with cutouts in the middle. I believe that this works well as it shows the image being incomplete, which could represent the artist and the genre of the music.



Interior flap. This is the same image as the front cover, however, it is complete due to it not being cutout. The whole idea of this image being the interior flap is so the front covers cutouts fit within the image and show  the incomplete artist her self.






Inside center (the inside panel o the back panel). On this panel I would like to include a booklet with the lyrics of the songs. This will let the audience join in while listening to this album. I have decided to use an image of the artist falling, as the booklet opens up, if you tip it upside down the booklet will fall open, and therefore it fits well with the image.





Inside right (the inside panel of the interior flap) This is where the CD clear-tray sit. I have came up with the background behind the tray being a mirror. This is because it fits in with the main song 'Fall foliage'. I want to use a mirror where the CD is, as the CD is everything about the artist, and the one object that represents the artist in the best way. The CD should include an image of the artist laying down on a mirror which will fit in with the background as well as the message/reason for the mirror being used at this particular place.


Back. My idea for the back is rather unique, I want the names of the songs being projected onto a wall. This idea has also came from my music video, due to it representing the feelings of the artist. I also want to include the artist within the image, to once again remind the audience of the artist. The look of the artist may also represent the music/songs within this album. The spine is also visible within this image, I want the name of the artist to be included on the spine, reminding/letting the audience know the name of the artist. The bar code has been placed at the bottom, keeping the whole focus on the song names and the artist itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment