Tuesday 6 December 2011

PROMOTIONAL POSTER DESIGNS

 As I have started to think of ideas for my promotional poster I have decided to create more than one poster, just so I have a choice between a few. I have came to a conclusion of using the same layouts of the the album information as I thought that it has all worked well with different photos. I have kept the title of the album and the artist nice and big at the top, for the audience to recognize it easily from further away. Under the title I have decided to write the date of the release of he album, just so it is easily noticeable. At the bottom left I have decided to include an image of my digipac just so the audience are able to find the album at the shops easily as they will know what they are looking for. The copy right information is just under the digipac so the audience straight away know that they if they decide to download this artists music without permission, it will be classed as stealing. On the bottom right I have also included the stores that the album can be bought at, just so the people who are interested in this album will not have to run around the world trying to find it.




Ok, so this I could say that works well due to the black background letting the information stand out clearly. However, the image of the artist does not fit in very well, this is because the girl in a white dress is right near the girl on the logo. This means that it is not very catchy as it does not stand out on its own. Due to these reasons I do not think that it is as successful as it could be.






This image works much better than the previous one due to the artist being recognizable as her face is in the shot. I also think that it goes very well with this poster due to a mirror being included, which gives away part of the album. Even though it is rather effective, I do not think that it looks professional enough.








This is my favorite so far. The information stands out very clearly as the background is black. I also love the image, due to the hair covering the artists face, showing the bad relationship between her self. The mirror included also gives away part of the album, which makes the audience want more.












This I also like very much, due to the image being quite simple but effective due to the lighting. The whole focus goes on the album as only part of the artist can be seen, which is the whole idea, to keep the focus on the new album. I do not find it very professional due to the type face not blending in with the image very well, which makes me drop it out of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment