Friday 25 November 2011

RECORD LABEL


I have been looking for a suitable record label for my artist, and it has been very difficult to find. This is because, I need a specific record label, which preferably should be british and the genre of experimental has to fit in. While researching independent record labels, I have came across an unknown record label, which has caught my eye. All of the artist seem very interesting and unique, which really fit into the genre of experimental. This record label is hardly known which is very interesting as it makes it hard to find information about it. This record label is called type records, and the only information about it given is 'We are a record label'., which is of course not helpful at all.



While looking at their website I have found  their twitter account and I have found out more information about them. I now know that they are from Malde, MA, USA.

I have also had a look at the artist signed to this record label and I have found out that the artists signed to  Type Records are from all over the world including Sweden, Australia and many more. Each artist has images representing them, which all of them are amazing and unique. Here are some of the one that I love;







Looking at this record label I have finally made a decision, and my decision is that this record label is the one! It fits in very well with my artist AND the genre experimental! I have had a word with my teacher and she agrees with this statement, and this means that my record label is sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment