Monday 28 November 2011

SETTING UP FOR THE SHOOTING

 My plan has shown that I need a broken mirror for my photo-shoot/filming which means that I had to get a broken mirror from somewhere. As I did not have a broken mirror I had to smash one myself. After a long thinking of how to smash it without hurting myself I have decided to take it outside and put a cloth over it, so the bits of mirror do not flick everywhere. I have found one of my dads weights in the shed and thought that it was heavy enough to smash the mirror. Using my safe techniques I have managed to smash the mirror without hurting myself, although I did cut my finger without even noticing, but I survived! The next thing to do was to brake the frame, which I could not do by hand. As my brother had solid shoes on I have asked him to kick it, and it has worked very well as it broke in half.

As the mirror has been smashed I needed to set it up in a room on the floor, to make it look like it has been smashed in the room, on the floor. As I have set it up it has came out rather well, as it did look like it has been smashed in this room. Not perfectly, as all of the broken mirror bits would flick all around the room, but I wanted all of the glass to be together to make a better effect.

As I have layed out the broken mirror, my brother has noticed the reflections on the wall. I have found this very interesting and have decided to see if it would work better in the dark, using a torch. As we have tried this out, it has came out very interesting and looked quite magical, which fits in with the video, as the artist escapes from herself she feels happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment